Located 0.4 miles east of the Big Pool Campground, a great swimming spot offers an opportunity to cool down in a deep emerald pool of the crystal-clear Fall Creek on a hot summer day. This is a stunning big pool with underwater ledges and flat formation rocks that serve as perfect platforms for relaxing. Opposite bank is composed of the river boulders and rocks.
There is no service in this location. Respect this place and do not leave any trash behind.
The 13.7-mile long Fall Creek National Recreation Trail runs through the scenic Fall Creek corridor of the beautiful Willamette National Forest. You will find many amazing views, picnicking, fishing and swimming spots.
Access allowed: May - September from dawn until dusk
Walking distance: Short
Day-use fees: Free
Broken Bowl Campground
Big Pool Campground
Dogs: Must be on a leash
Usage: Light to Moderate
Location: Fall Creek Recreation Area
GPS coordinates: 43.9677, -122.59378
Elevation: 1000 ft (305 m)
Big Pool Swimming is located:
- 33 miles east of Eugene
- 94 miles southeast of Salem
- 143 miles southeast of Portland
Body of water: River
Water quality: Transparent
Current: Light to moderate
Depth: Deep and shallow
Beach: Bedrock and rock formation
Water T° (summer): Cool
Driving Directions to Swimming Hole near Big Pool Campground
- From I-5, take Exit 194 A for Highway 126 East
- Follow on Highway 126 for 6.6 miles to Bob Straub Parkway
- Continue straight onto Bob Straub Parkway, then Highway 222 South and Jasper/Jasper Lowell Roads
- Turn left onto Place Road and drive for 3.6 miles to Big Fall Creek Road
- Continue onto Big Fall Creek Road
- Bear to the left after passing Winberry Creek Road and follow for about 11.4 miles to the destination on the right.