Explore and enjoy the extraordinary beauty of the Fall Creek Swimming Hole, located about 2 miles east of Fisherman's Point Group Camp along the Big Fall Creek Road. The day-use area offers refreshing swimming, cliff jumping, and rope swinging. Access to the swimming spot is easy and short. You will find small and large pool below the set of creek cascades. The river bank is composed of cliffs, rocks and wide ledges.
Salmon angling is closed because Chinook salmon releases into these waters for watershed restoration.
If you want to find another one of the many secluded swimming pools on the Fall Creek, hike via the 13.7-mile-long Fall Creek National Recreation Trail. The trail winds along the stunning Fall Creek, through the amazing national forest and is accessible year-round.
Due to Chinook salmon releases into these waters for watershed restoration, salmon angling is closed for this location.
There are six campgrounds along Fall Creek and one on the Fall Creek Lake.
Cautions: Cliff jumping and slippery rocks are associated with risks, please use caution and make safe decisions.
Access allowed: May - September from dawn until dusk
Walking distance: Short
Day-use fees: Free
- Dolly Varden Campground
- Fisherman's Point group camp
Dogs: Must be on a leash
Location: Fall Creek Recreation Area
GPS coordinates: 43.965, -122.626
Elevation: 976 ft (297 m)
North Shore at Fall Creek Lake is located:
- 31 miles east of Eugene
- 92 miles southeast of Salem
- 137 miles southeast of Portland
Body of water: River
Water quality: Transparent
Current: Light to moderate
Depth: Deep and shallow
Beach: River rocks and rock formation
Water T° (summer): Cool
Driving Directions to Fall Creek Swimming Hole 1
- From I-5, take Exit 194 A for Highway 126 East
- Follow on Highway 126 for 6.6 miles to Bob Straub Parkway
- Continue straight onto Bob Straub Parkway, then Highway 222 South and Jasper/Jasper Lowell Roads
- Continue on Big Fall Creek Road
- Bear to the left after passing Winberry Creek Road and follow for about 10 miles to the destination on the left.