Popular among travelers and local residents, Salmon Creek Falls Campground and Day Use Site are located in the beautiful Willamette National Forest settings near Oakridge and 40 miles east of Eugene. The lush ancient forest on the rocky terrain, stunning turquoise creek, and sounds of waterfalls make you feel like you are in a fantastic enchanted forest.
There are several deep swimming holes along the Salmon Creek with the crystal-clear blue-green waters above Salmon Creek Falls. Astonishingly beautiful pools are used for swimming and cliff jumping.
Cautions: Cliff jumping and slippery rocks are associated with risks, please use caution and make safe decisions.
The broad moderately high volume fall is about 8 feet in height. The water is rough below the falls and swimming here is not considered to be safe. The bank above the falls is composed of formation rocks, and below the falls consists of large pebbles and small boulders.
The Salmon Creek Area provides an excellent opportunity for hiking. A totally 12-mile-long trail with easy and moderate sections designated for hikers with any experience.
The campground offers 14 first come - first served tent sites. The day-use area is located within the campground.
Salmon Creek Falls | General Description
Open: April - September
Managed: US Forest Service
Location: Willamette National Forest
Services: Vault toilets, garbage service, picnic sites, hand pump drinking water
Activities: Swimming, cliff jumping, camping, hiking, fishing
Accommodations: Salmon Creek Falls Campground
Distance from the parking: Short
Road access: Any passenger vehicle
Day-use fees: Yes
Elevation: 1,440 ft (207 m)
Salmon Creek Falls is located:
- 4.7 miles east of Oakridge
- 48 miles southeast of Eugene
- 100 miles southwest of Bend
- 109 miles southeast of Salem.
Directions to Salmon Creek Falls
- Take exit 188 in Eugene for Highway 58 East
- Drive on Highway 58 southeast for about 35 miles to Crestview Street (traffic signal) in Oakridge
- Turn left onto Crestview Street and go 0.2 miles to E 1st Street
- Turn right onto E 1st Street (City Center) which becomes Salmon Creek Road and continue 4.8 miles to Salmon Creek Falls Campground on the right
The day-use area is located inside the campground.