Located on the banks of the Wall Creek, 50.6 miles southeast of Eugene, Wall Creek or Meditation Pool Warm Springs are only one 12-foot diameter and 3-foot deep pool. The spot is easily accessible by a short 0.4-mile trail.
This warm creek side pool provides space for relaxation of 1 to 6 people without cramping. The water of Wall Creek Warm Springs is cooler than that of regular hot springs (around 96 degrees Fahrenheit), that is why this pool is best appreciated during warmer months of the year. The bottom is made of sand, gravel, and rocks. Large rocks also encircle the edge of the pool, which sits directly over the source of natural springs. Hence a slight sulfuric odor.
Sounds of the creek, stunning rocky bank, the oval blue water pool encircled by the old forest -- all of these create meditative mood and reduce anxiety. With such a majestic location, the bubbling Wall Creek, light filtering through the canopy of the aged trees standing guard, it is no wonder that this warm pool is lovingly called "Meditation Pool."
Access: 365 days a year from sunrise to sunset
Service: No services are available
No camping at the trailhead and along the trail
Salmon Creek Campground - 5.5 miles west
Lodging in Oakridge - 10 miles west
Distance from the parking: 0.4 miles
Day-use fees: None
Restrictions: No overnight parking and camping
Elevation: 2,012 ft (613 m)
Trailhead: 43.8028, -122.3107
Pool: 43.8071, -122.3111
Meditation Pool is located:
- 9.5 miles east of Oakridge
- 53 miles east of Eugene
- 89 miles west of Bend
- 119 miles southeast of Salem.
Water T° (source): 104°F (40°C) - 106°F (41°C)
Water T° (pool): 95°F (35°C) - 98°F (37°C)
Water acidity level: Neutral (pH=7.2)
Type of the springs: Sodium Chloride
Chemical used: None
Average dissolved solids: 1,240 Mg/L
- From I-5, take exit 188 in Eugene to Highway 58 East
- Drive on Highway 58 southeast for about 35 miles to Crestview Street (traffic signal) in Oakridge
- Turn left onto Crestview Street and drive to East 1st Street 0.2 miles
- Turn right onto East 1st Street (City Center) that becomes Salmon Creek Road, continue 9.3 miles to Forest Road 1934
- Turn left onto a gravel Forest Road 1934 and follow 0.5 miles to the trailhead turnout on the left.
From the trailhead, hike 0.4-mile by flat trail along the Wall Creek to the pool.
Lauren S. Forcella. "Geochemistry of Thermal and Mineral Waters in the Cascade Mountains of Western North America". 1981