Lake Creek Falls is a popular summer destination that features a multitude of small cascading waterfalls and a unique sliding rock. Located roughly half a mile downstream from the outlet of Triangle Lake, this site is popular on a hot summer day. Because of its popularity and limited parking, it can be difficult to find a space to park your car.
The first fall is 40 feet wide and 15 feet tall. The bending creek then terminates in a 10-foot plunge pool. Further down from the upper pool there is the gently inclined 100-foot-long rock-water slide
that dumps riders into a shallow pool. The water temperature of the lower pool is warm.
Bring river tubes to enjoy the natural water slides.
The alcohol ban is now in effect for the Lower Lake Creek Falls Recreation Area.
In the fall and wintertime, salmon and steelhead migrate upstream to spawn which makes this location great for wildlife watching.
Respect this place and leave no trace behind.
- Swimming in the swift, shallow water near the falls can be extremely risky.
- Cliff jumping, sliding, and slippery rocks are associated with risks, please use caution and make safe decisions.
- Watch out for poison oak.
Lake Creek Falls | General Description
Open: Year-round from sunrise to sunset
Managed by: BLM
Location: Triangle Lake
Services: Restrooms and trash bins at the parking lot, picnic sites, no water
Activities: Swimming, hiking, natural rock sliding, jumping, wildlife watching
Distance from the parking: 0.3 miles
Road access: Any passenger vehicle
Day-use fees: None
Dogs: Must be on a leash
Popularity: Moderate to high
Accommodations: Eagle Cove Camp
Elevation: 600 ft (183 m)
Lake Creek Falls are located:
- 35 miles west of Eugene
- 40 miles east of Florence
- 85 miles southwest of Salem
- 128 miles southwest of Portland.
- Take Highway 99 North and drive approximately 14 miles to Highway 36
- Go west on Highway 36 for 26 miles
- Parking for the recreation site is located 0.5 miles south of Triangle Lake on the right side of the road.
From the parking lot, hike downstream 0.3 miles.