Are you looking for a spot for some water splashing fun but want a full day worth of enjoyment? Does water automatically mean sports to you? Then the 40 acre Lewis Creek Park located along Foster Reservoir is the perfect place for you; a haven on a sweltering summer day for swimmers and picnickers alike!
Located near the small town Sweet Home in Oregon, Foster Lake was created by Foster Dam on the South Fork of the Santiam River.
Foster and Green Peter (the middle fork of the Santiam River) reservoirs and dams are operated together for the purposes of power generation, flood damage prevention, irrigation, and a variety of recreation opportunities.
Picnic areas, moorage, water skies, boarding floats, boats and a roped off swim beach make Lewis Creek Park the ideal spot for hosting events or for a fun day out by the lake. Foster Reservoir is a popular location for water polo tournaments and triathlons. Sunnyside County Park is another swimming spot on the lake.
The lake is stocked with 40,000 rainbow trouts annually. Also, large and smallmouth bass, kokanee, bluegill can be caught.
Lewis Creek Park | General Description
Open: Year-round from dawn until dusk (for day-use)
Managed: Linn County
Location: Foster Lake
Services: Restrooms, drinking water, garbage service, boat ramp, picnic sites
Activities: Swimming, water sports, hiking, biking, fishing, boating, volleyball
Accommodations: Sunnyside Campground, Edgewater RV Resort & Marine, Foster Lake RV Resort, Country Star RV Park
Distance from the parking: Short
Road access: Any passenger vehicle
Day-use fees: Yes
Dogs: Must be on a leash
Elevation: 703 ft (214 m)
Lewis Creek Park is located:
- 7 miles east of Sweet Home
- 51 miles northeast of Eugene
- 58 miles southeast of Salem
- 104 miles southeast of Portland.
Directions to Lewis Creek Park
- Take exit 228 for OR-34 East toward Lebanon
- Turn left onto OR-34 East and follow 5.4 miles to Airport Drive
- Merge onto Denny School Road on the right and continue onto Airport Drive for 2.2 miles to US-20
- Turn right onto US-20 East/Main Street and drive for about 7 miles to Pleasant Valley Road in Sweet Home
- Turn left onto Pleasant Valley Road then right onto North River Drive and continue 6 miles to the destination.
Address: 44450 North River Drive, Foster, OR 97345
Foster and Green Peter Reservoirs