• Lewis Creek Park is a great summer destination on the Foster Lake
If you are looking for a spot for some water splashing fun, then 40 acres of Lewis Creek Park nestled along Foster Reservoir near the small town of Sweet Home is the perfect place for you. The reservoir was formed by constructing Foster Dam on the South Fork of the Santiam River receiving its waters from the South Fork and Middle Fork through Green Peter Reservoir.
Foster and Green Peter (the middle fork of the Santiam River) reservoirs and dams operate together for the purposes of power generation, flood damage prevention, irrigation, and a variety of recreation opportunities.
Picnicking, water skiing, paddling, boating, and swimming in a roped-off area make Lewis Creek Park the ideal destination for hosting events or for a fun day out by the lake. Foster Reservoir is a popular location for water polo tournaments and triathlons. Sunnyside County Park is another excellent spot on the lake.
The lake is stocked with 40,000 rainbow trouts annually. Also, large and smallmouth bass, kokanee, bluegill can be caught here.
Lewis Creek Park | General Description
Open: Year-round from dawn until dusk (for day-use)
Managed: Linn County
Location: Foster Lake
Services: Restrooms, drinking water, garbage service, boat ramp, and picnic sites
Activities: Swimming, water sports, hiking, biking, fishing, boating, and volleyball
Accommodations: Sunnyside Campground, Edgewater RV Resort & Marine, Foster Lake RV Resort, and Country Star RV Park
Distance from the parking: Short
Road access: Any passenger vehicle
Day-use fees: Yes
Dogs: Must be on a leash
Elevation: 703 ft (214 m)
Lewis Creek Park is located:
- 7 miles east of Sweet Home
- 51 miles northeast of Eugene
- 58 miles southeast of Salem
- 104 miles southeast of Portland.
Directions to Lewis Creek Park
- Take exit 228 for OR-34 East toward Lebanon
- Turn left onto OR-34 East and follow 5.4 miles to Airport Drive
- Merge onto Denny School Road on the right and continue onto Airport Drive for 2.2 miles to US-20
- Turn right onto US-20 East/Main Street and drive for about 7 miles to Pleasant Valley Road in Sweet Home
- Turn left onto Pleasant Valley Road then right onto North River Drive and continue 6 miles to the destination.
Foster and Green Peter Reservoirs
1 - Andrew Wiley Park - a day-use park.
2 - Edgewater County Park & Marina - full hookup RV sites and boat slips.
3 - Foster Lake RV Resort - full and partial RV sites, cabins, studio, tent sites, and boat and RV storage.
4 - Country Star RV Park - a clubhouse, camping cabins, and condos.
5 - Shea Point - a day-use area.
6 - Calkins Ramp - a boat ramp.
7 - Gedney Creek Park - a boat ramp.
8 - Lewis Creek Park - a day-use park.
9 - Sunnyside Park - a campground and day-use area.
10 - River Bend Park - a campground and day-use area.
11 - Thistle Creek Boat Ramp - a boat ramp.
12 - Whitcomb Creek Park - campsites and boat ramp.