Are you looking for a spot for some water splashing fun but want a full day worth of fun? Does water automatically mean sports to you? Then the 40 acre Lewis Creek Park located along Foster Reservoir is the perfect place for you; a haven on a sweltering summer day for swimmers and picnickers alike!
Located near the small town Sweet Home in Oregon, Foster Lake was created by Foster Dam on the South Fork of the Santiam River.
Foster and Green Peter (the middle fork of the Santiam River) reservoirs and dams are operated together for the purposes of power generation, flood damage prevention, irrigation, and a variety of recreation opportunities.
Picnic areas, moorage, water skies, boarding floats, boats and a roped off swim beach make Lewis Creek Park the ideal spot for hosting events or for a fun day out by the lake. Foster Reservoir is a popular location for water polo tournaments and triathlons. Sunnyside County Park is another swimming spot on the lake.
The lake is stocked with 40,000 rainbow trout annually. Also, large and smallmouth bass, kokanee, bluegill can be caught.
Access allowed: May - September from 10 am until dusk
Walking distance: Short
Day-use fees: $5 per vehicle per day
Dogs: Must be on a leash
Accommodations: Sunnyside Campground, Edgewater RV Resort & Marine, Foster Lake RV Resort, Country Star RV Park
Location: Linn County Park
GPS coordinates: 44.42478, -122.62686
Elevation: 703 ft (214 m)
Lewis Creek Park is located:
- 7 miles east of Sweet Home
- 51 miles northeast of Eugene
- 58 miles southeast of Salem
- 104 miles southeast of Portland
Water body: Reservoir
Water quality: Transparent
Depth: Deep and shallow
Water T° (summer): Cool to warm
Directions to Foster Reservoir
- From I-5, take exit 228 for OR-34 East toward Lebanon
- Turn left onto OR-34 East and follow 5.4 miles to Airport Drive
- Merge onto Denny School Road on the right and continue onto Airport Drive for 2.2 miles to US-20
- Turn right onto US-20 East/Main Street and drive for about 7 miles to Pleasant Valley Road in Sweet Home
- Turn left onto Pleasant Valley Road then right onto North River Drive and continue 6 miles to the destination.
Foster and Green Peter Reservoirs
5 - Shea Point - a day-use area.
6 - Calkins Ramp - a boat ramp.
7 - Gedney Creek Park - a boat ramp.
8 - Lewis Creek Park - a day-use park.
9 - Sunnyside Park - a campground and day-use area.
10 - River Bend Park - a campground and day-use area.
11 - Thistle Creek Boat Ramp - a boat ramp.
12 - Whitcomb Creek Park - campsites and boat ramp.