Fall Creek Lake's proximity to Eugene has made the lake a popular recreation site during hot summer days. There are four free day-use sites on the northern side of the Fall Creek Lake. Great spots for summer fun including swimming, picnicking, fishing, and boating, Lakeside 1 and 2 Day Use Sites are located 0.4 miles of each other and approximately 6 miles east of the Fall Creek Dam.
Fall Creek Lake water is warmer than in the creek.
You are free to spend all your day swimming but if it’s too crowded, you can find a free swimming hole along the 14-mile-long Fall Creek National Recreation Trail.
There are other excellent swimming spots along the Fall Creek Lake and Fall Creek:
Fall Creek Lake – Lakeside 1 & 2 | General Description
Open: April - September from 8 am to 9 pm
Managed: Oregon State Park
Location: Fall Creek Recreation Area
Services: Vault toilets, garbage service, picnic sites
Activities: Swimming, fishing, hiking, boating, picnicking
Accommodations: Cascara campground; Fisherman's Point group camp
Distance from the parking: Short
Road access: Any passenger vehicle
Day-use fees: None
Dogs: Must be on a leash
Usage: Moderate to heavy
Elevation: 859 ft (256 m)
Lakeside I at Fall Creek Lake is located:
- 28 miles east of Eugene
- 90 miles southeast of Salem
- 135 miles southeast of Portland.
Points of Interest
Fall Creek Reservoir serves for the purposes of water retention, flood damage prevention, irrigation, and a variety of recreation opportunities.
Scenic Fall Creek Corridor is a beautiful 3,300-acre recreation area along Fall Creek in the Willamette National Forest.
Directions to Lakeside I & II
- Take Exit 194 A for Highway 126 East
- Follow on Highway 126 for 6.8 miles to Bob Straub Parkway
- Continue 7.6 miles straight onto Bob Straub Parkway, then Highway 222 South and Jasper/Jasper Lowell Roads to Place Road
- Turn left onto Place Road/Big Fall Creek Road and continue 4.5 miles
- Bear left after passing Winberry Creek Road and follow for about 8 miles to Lakeside I on the right (head east for 0.4 miles to Lakeside II ).
GPS: N 43°58.504', W 122°40.215' | 43.9751, -122.67025