• A great swimming hole along the banks of the Fall Creek
• The big swimming pool with sandy beach and rock than is used for jumping
The scenic swimming hole near the Clark Creek Campground is tucked away in a forest, along the banks of Fall Creek. A big pool with both shallows and depth is accessible by a short trail from the turnout. This section of the forest was burnt in 2013. Thankfully, now the forest is recovering after devastating wildfire.
The creek bed and its bank is covered by sand and rocks. The sandy beach is perfect for sunbathing and relaxing. Current is slower here along the inside bend of the creek. The large rock on the right of the trail is used for jumping.
There are many other great swimming holes along the 13.7-mile long Fall Creek National Recreation Trail that runs through the amazing Willamette National Forest.
There are other excellent swimming spots along the Fall Creek Lake and Fall Creek:
Fall Creek – Clark Creek | General Description
Open: May - September from sunrise to sunset
Managed: US Forest Service
Location: Willamette National Forest
Activities: Swimming, rock jumping, hiking, fishing
Accommodations: Big Pool Campground, Clark Creek Organization Camp, Bedrock Campground
Distance from the parking: Short
Road access: Any passenger vehicle
Day-use fees: None
Dogs: Must be on a leash
Usage: Light to moderate
Elevation: 1,110 ft (338 m)
Clark Creek Swimming Spot is located:
- 33.5 miles east of Eugene
- 95 miles southeast of Salem
- 144 miles southeast of Portland.
Points of Interest
Fall Creek Reservoir serves for the purposes of water retention, flood damage prevention, irrigation, and a variety of recreation opportunities.
Scenic Fall Creek Corridor is a beautiful 3,300-acre recreation area along Fall Creek in the Willamette National Forest.
Directions to the Swimming Hole near Clark Creek Campground
- Take Exit 194 A in Eugene for Highway 126 East
- Travel on Highway 126 for 6.8 miles to Bob Straub Parkway
- Follow 7.6 miles straight onto Bob Straub Parkway, then Highway 222 South and Jasper/Jasper Lowell Roads to Place Road
- Turn left onto Place Road/Big Fall Creek Road and continue 4.5 miles
- Bear left after passing Winberry Creek Road and follow for about 12 miles to the destination on the right.
GPS: N 43°58.329', W 122°34.793' | 43.972145, -122.579882