• Fall Creek Swimming Hole is a great destination for swimming
Explore and enjoy the extraordinary beauty of the Fall Creek swimming spots in the day-use area, located about 2 miles east of Fisherman's Point Group Camp along the Big Fall Creek Road. The site offers refreshing swimming, cliff jumping, and rope swinging. Access to the swimming spot is easy and short. You will find small and large pools below the set of creek cascades. The riverbank is composed of cliffs, rocks, and wide ledges.
Salmon angling is closed because Chinook salmon releases into these waters for watershed restoration.
If you want to find one of the others secluded swimming pools on Fall Creek, hike via the 13.7 miles long Fall Creek National Recreation Trail. The trail winds along the stunning Fall Creek, through the amazing national forest and is accessible year-round.
There are six campgrounds along Fall Creek and one on Fall Creek Lake.
Cautions: Cliff jumping and slippery rocks are associated with risks, please use caution and make safe decisions.
There are other excellent swimming spots along the Fall Creek Lake and Fall Creek:
Fall Creek – Day-use Area | General Description
Open: May - September from sunrise to sunset
Managed: US Forest Service
Location: Willamette National Forest
Activities: Swimming, hiking, rope swinging, jumping
Accommodations: Dolly Varden Campground; Fisherman's Point group camp
Distance from the parking: Short
Road access: Any passenger vehicle
Day-use fees: None
Dogs: Must be on a leash
Elevation: 976 ft (297 m)
Fall Creek Swimming Hole 1 is located:
- 31 miles east of Eugene
- 92 miles southeast of Salem
- 137 miles southeast of Portland.
- Take Exit 194 A for Highway 126 East
- Follow 6.8 miles on Highway 126 to Bob Straub Parkway
- Continue straight 7.6 miles on Bob Straub Parkway, then Highway 222 South and Jasper/Jasper Lowell Roads to Place Road
- Turn left onto Place Road/Big Fall Creek Road and continue 4.5 miles
- Bear left after passing Winberry Creek Road and follow for about 10 miles to the destination on the left.