• Located a few hundred feet east of Broken Bowl Campground
• A narrow and deep stretch of the creek with interesting rock formations
Bedrock, formation rock, and river rocks define the narrow creek channel of the beautiful swimming hole on the Fall Creek near Broken Bowl Campground. There are a gravel beach, underwater ledges, and a small pebble island downstream surrounded creek rapids.
For hiking fans, the 13.7-mile long Fall Creek National Recreation Trail offers unforgettable adventures along the Fall Creek corridor. You will discover stunning views, cross streams and find many nice spots for swimming, fishing and picnicking.
There are other excellent swimming spots along the Fall Creek Lake and Fall Creek:
Fall Creek – Broken Bowl | General Description
Open: May - September from sunrise to sunset
Managed: US Forest Service
Location: Willamette National Forest
Activities: Swimming, hiking, fishing
Accommodations: Broken Bowl Campground
Distance from the parking: Short
Road access: Any passenger vehicle
Day-use fees: None
Dogs: Must be on a leash
Usage: Light to moderate
Elevation: 1,000 ft (305 m)
Broken Bowl Swimming Spot is located:
- 31.4 miles east of Eugene
- 93 miles southeast of Salem
- 140 miles southeast of Portland.
Points of Interest
Fall Creek Reservoir serves for the purposes of water retention, flood damage prevention, irrigation, and a variety of recreation opportunities.
Scenic Fall Creek Corridor is a beautiful 3,300-acre recreation area along Fall Creek in the Willamette National Forest.
Directions to Swimming Hole near Broken Bowl Campground
- Take Exit 194 A in Eugene for Highway 126 East
- Follow on Highway 126 for 6.6 miles to Bob Straub Parkway
- Go 7.6 miles straight onto Bob Straub Parkway, then Highway 222 South and Jasper/Jasper Lowell Roads to Place Road
- Turn left onto Place Road/Big Fall Creek Road and continue 4.5 miles
- Bear left after passing Winberry Creek Road and follow for about 11 miles to the destination on the right.
GPS: N 43°57.765', W 122°36.535' | 43.9627, -122.609