• One of the excellent swimming holes on the Fall Creek near Big Pool Campground
• The deep emerald pool with underwater ledges and flat rock formations
Located 0.4 miles east of the Big Pool Campground, this great swimming spot offers an opportunity to cool down in a deep emerald pool of the crystal-clear Fall Creek on a hot summer day. It is a stunning big pool with underwater ledges and flat formation rocks that serve as perfect platforms for relaxing. Opposite bank is composed of the river boulders and rocks.
There is no service in this location. Respect this place and do not leave any trash behind.
The 13.7-mile long Fall Creek National Recreation Trail runs through the scenic Fall Creek corridor of the beautiful Willamette National Forest. You will find many great picnicking, fishing and swimming spots as well as places to simply enjoy the view.
There are other excellent swimming spots along the Fall Creek Lake and Fall Creek:
Fall Creek – Big Pool | General Description
Open: May - September from sunrise to sunset
Managed: US Forest Service
Location: Willamette National Forest
Activities: Swimming, hiking, fishing
Accommodations: Broken Bowl Campground, Big Pool Campground
Distance from the parking: Short
Road access: Any passenger vehicle
Day-use fees: None
Dogs: Must be on a leash
Usage: Light to moderate
Elevation: 1,000 ft (305 m)
Big Pool Swimming at Fall Creek:
- 33 miles east of Eugene
- 94 miles southeast of Salem
- 143 miles southeast of Portland.
Points of Interest
Fall Creek Reservoir serves for the purposes of water retention, flood damage prevention, irrigation, and a variety of recreation opportunities.
Scenic Fall Creek Corridor is a beautiful 3,300-acre recreation area along Fall Creek in the Willamette National Forest.
Directions to Swimming Hole near Big Pool Campground
- Take Exit 194 A in Eugene for Highway 126 East
- Follow on Highway 126 for 6.8 miles to Bob Straub Parkway
- Travel 7.6 miles straight onto Bob Straub Parkway, then Highway 222 South and Jasper/Jasper Lowell Roads to Place Road
- Turn left onto Place Road/Big Fall Creek Road and continue 4.5 miles
- Bear left after passing Winberry Creek Road and follow for about 11.4 miles to the destination on the right.
GPS: N 43°58.011', W 122°36.025' | 43.967, -122.6004