• One of many popular parks on the Sandy River within the Portland Metropolitan Area
• Picnic sites, playground, café stand, and sandy beach
Located within the City of Troutdale’s park system, 6.38-acre Glenn Otto Community Park is one of the many recreation areas along the Sandy River. That being said, this very quality makes this spot an absolute nightmare for those who hate crowds. Not only is the Glenn Otto Community Park the most heavily used park within the Troutdale system, but it is also one of Portland’s most popular spots for a weekend day trip on a hot summer day.
Named after a former mayor of Troutdale, this park features the most refreshing draw of the Sandy River. Beyond the riverfront and near the parking lot is a more manicured section comprising picnic shelters, nicely irrigated lawns, playgrounds, potable water, and a picnic pavilion. If you want to avoid the large crowds, plan visiting this park during the weekdays.
A small stand offers café snacks (sandwiches, coffee, etc) and fishing gear. Seasonal river rescue and lifeguard stations are located in the park.
Glenn Otto Community Park | General Description
Open: April - September: from 8 am to 9 pm; October - March: from 8 am to 6 pm
Managed: City of Troutdale
Location: Historic Columbia River Highway
Services: Restrooms, potable water, picnic sites, playground, café stand
Activities: Swimming, water sports, biking, hiking, historic site
Accommodations: No camping in the park
Distance from the parking: Short
Road access: Any passenger vehicle
Day-use fees: None
Dogs: Must be on a leash
Elevation: 400 ft (122 m)
Glenn Otto Park is located:
- 5 miles northeast of Gresham
- 17 miles east of downtown Portland
- 65 miles northeast of Salem.
Directions to Glen Otto Park
- Take exit 22 to merge onto I-84 E/US-30E toward US-30/The Dalles
- Take exit 18 toward Lewis and Clark State Recreation Site/Oxbow Regional Park
- Turn left onto Crown Point Highway
- Take the 1st right onto E Historic Columbia River Hwy, destination will be on the left.
Address: 1102 E. Historic Columbia River Hwy, Troutdale, OR 97060