• Manhattan Beach State Recreation Site is a small coastal park at Rockaway Beach
Manhattan Beach State Recreation Site is a beautiful park along Highway 101 two miles north of Rockaway Beach City. This is a small forested area with shore pines, salal, huckleberries, and blackberries. Though the park is close to the busy highway, it is a quiet solitude spot offering secluded escape and providing easy access to Nedona Beach. Nedona Beach extends south from the mouth of the Nehalem River on the north to Manhattan and Rockaway Beach.
There is a picnic area with picnic tables surrounded by woods that provide protections from the wind. The site has drinking water, flush restroom, and wheelchair access.
Manhattan Beach Site | General Description
Open: Year-round for day-use
Managed by: Oregon State Parks
Amenities: Picnic tables, drinking water, and flush restrooms
Activities: Picnicking, beachcombing, and nature viewing
Day-use fees: None
Usage: Low to moderate
Accommodations: Lodging in Rockaway Beach
Manhattan Beach Park is located:
- 25 miles south of Cannon Beach
- 85 miles west of Portland.
Directions to Manhattan Beach Park
From Rockaway Beach City,
- Travel on Highway US-101 north to Beach Street between mileposts 48 and 49
- Turn left (west) onto Beach Street and after crossing the railroad tracks, bear left onto Railroad Street
- Continue 0.2 miles on Railroad Street to the destination.