Located near Winchester Bay in the Umpqua Lighthouse State Park, Lake Marie is the ideal combination of adventure and leisure making it perfect for an all-day exciting summer outing. The lake is located in Oregon Sand Dunes National Recreation Area.
Lake Marie is a small serene freshwater lake, surrounded by evergreen pines, with a pristine sandy beach along its shores. For all adventure enthusiasts, the lake is open for not only swimming and fishing but also non-motorized boating such as canoeing and kayaking.
Furthermore, meandering around the lake is a relaxing and peaceful trail entirely surrounded by tall pines and firs. Anyone desiring to take in the breathtaking view can make a pit stop at the multiple benches placed along the trail.
Finally, for those desiring to stay overnight, Lake Marie also features a campground, log cabins, and fire pits. If a rejuvenating summer day out is what you desire, there is no reason to look beyond this tranquil lake.
Access allowed: All year from dawn until dusk
Walking distance: Short
Day-use fees: None
Dogs: Not allowed
Usage: Moderate to heavy
- 10 full-hookup site
- 9 electrical sites with water
- 20 tent sites with water nearby
- 2 yurts
Location: Umpqua Lighthouse State Park
GPS coordinates: 43.660, -124.1987
Elevation: 200 ft (61 m)
Lake Marie is located:
- 6 miles south of Reedsport
- 77 miles northwest of Roseburg
- 94 miles southwest of Eugene
Body of water: Natural lake
Water quality: Transparent
Depth: Shallow and deep
Directions to Lake Marie
- Follow US-101 Pacific Coast Scenic Byway to Winchester Bay
- Drive to Lighthouse Road, turn onto Lighthouse Road, keep left
- Continue to Umpqua Lighthouse Campground.
- 2:04 PM PST on January 08, 2019
- 10:00 PM PST on January 09, 2019
Chance of Rain