• A beautiful river oasis, Ivor Davies Wayside provides opportunities for summer water activities
A scenic destination on the bank of the upper Molalla River, Ivor Davies Wayside is also often referred to as Party Rock. It is located north of the Pine Creek Bridge along the Molalla River Recreation Corridor, 11 miles south of the city of Molalla.
The area features a huge rock named Blackbear Rock. It sits right in the middle of the river and divides the stream into two arms. The left arm flowing between two basalt rock walls is a perfect deep swimming hole with jumping opportunities from both sides.
Another deep swimming hole with great rapids sits upstream of the Blackbear Rock. Swimming holes are separated by rapids.
There aren't many shaded places here. So, be prepared if the day is expected to be hot. The bank consists of lava formations and boulders. The water is cool with a temperature of 65°F in July.
Annie's Cabin Trailhead and Ivor Davies Wayside are located nearby.
There is a vault toilet.
Cautions: Cliff jumping and slippery rocks are associated with risks, please use caution and make safe decisions.
Ivor Davies Wayside | Facts
Managed by: BLM
Location: Molalla River Recreation Area
Amenities: Vault toilet
Activities: Swimming, fishing, hiking
Distance from the parking: Short
Road access: Any passenger vehicle
Day-use fees: None
Popularity: Light to Moderate
Accommodations: Three Bears & Cedar Grove Campgrounds
Elevation: 780 ft (237 m)
Ivor Davies Wayside is located:
- 13 miles southeast of Molalla
- 39 miles east of Salem
- 44 miles southeast of Portland.
Directions to Ivor Davies Wayside
- Take exit-271 and then turn left onto OR-214 toward Woodburn
- Head 16 miles east along OR-214 then OR-211 to Mathias Road in Molalla
- Bear right onto Mathias Road and follow 0.2 miles to S Feyrer Park Road
- Turn left onto S Feyrer Park Road and continue for 1.7 miles to S Dickey Prairie Road
- Turn right onto S Dickey Prairie Road and drive 5.3 miles to Glen Avon Bridge
- Cross the bridge and bear left, continue on S Molalla Forest Road for about 5.1 miles to the destination.
GPS: N 45°00.887' W 122°29.034' | 45.014783, -122.483900