• Day-use Site 16 is a perfect roadside swimming hole at the Pine Creek Bridge
Day-use Site 16 is a designated recreation site along the Molalla River Recreation Corridor, 13 miles south of Molalla city.
Day-Use Site 16 is a perfect roadside swimming hole at Pine Creek Bridge offering a secluded summer outing on the river’s east bank. Here you can enjoy gorgeous views of the river carving ancient lava canyon and vertical basalt wall decorating the west riverside.
The bridge may be closed for vehicles. The parking is available along Molalla Forest Road. Park your car, walk across the bridge, and then go down to the river on one of the steep trails on the left or on the right of the bridge.
The deep swimming area equipped with a rope swing is right under the bridge. There are shallows upstream and downstream. The water is cool with a temperature of 65°F in July. The bank and bottom consist of ledges and boulders.
Annie's Cabin Trailhead and Ivor Davies Wayside are located nearby.
No restroom at this spot, but there are vault toilets at Three Bears Campground and at Hardy Creek Trailhead.
Day Use Site 16 | General Description
Managed by: BLM
Location: Molalla River Recreation Area
Activities: Swimming, fishing, hiking
Distance from the parking: Short
Road access: Any passenger vehicle
Day-use fees: None
Accommodations: Three Bears & Cedar Grove Campgrounds
Elevation: 780 ft (237 m)
Day Use Site 16 is located:
- 13 miles southeast of Molalla
- 39 miles east of Salem
- 44 miles southeast of Portland.
Directions to Day Use Site 16
- Take exit-271 and then turn left onto OR-214 toward Woodburn
- Head 16 miles east along OR-214 then OR-211 to Mathias Road in Molalla
- Bear right onto Mathias Road and follow 0.2 miles to S Feyrer Park Road
- Turn left onto S Feyrer Park Road and continue for 1.7 miles to S Dickey Prairie Road
- Turn right onto S Dickey Prairie Road and drive 5.3 miles to Glen Avon Bridge
- Cross the bridge and bear left, continue on S Molalla Forest Road for about 5.3 miles to the Pine Creek Bridge on the left.
GPS: N 45°00.759' W 122°29.107' | 45.012650, -122.485117