Located 3 miles south of the Glen Avon Bridge, Molalla River Day-Use Site 4 is a great escape from the summer heat. The scenic undeveloped site with a beautiful swimming hole is easily accessible by a well-maintained trail at the turnout on South Molalla Forest Road. The river banks are composed of pebbles and rock formations that partially line the large pool with beautiful clear green water. The hole is deep which makes this spot great for swimming and jumping from the flat underwater ledges. You should be careful if the river runs high and the current is fast. Moderate and advanced swimming skills are required. There are shallow spots for children.
The Molalla River Trail System combines 25 miles of trails of different levels of difficulty and is designated for mountain bikers, equestrians, and hikers.
Camping and fires are prohibited in the Molalla River Day Use Site 4. Camping, picnic sites, restrooms, and drinking water are available at campgrounds and recreation areas nearby.
There is no garbage service on this site. You should pack and carry out all your trash before leaving.
There are other excellent swimming spots along the Molalla River:
Molalla River Day-Use Site 4 | General Description
Location: Molalla River Recreation Area
Activities: Swimming, fishing, hiking
Accommodations: No camping
Distance from the parking: Short
Road access: Any passenger vehicle
Day-use fees: None
Popularity: Light to moderate
Elevation: 680 ft (207 m)
Molalla River Day-Use Site 4 is located:
- 10 miles southeast of Molalla
- 38 miles east of Salem
- 46 miles southeast of Portland
- 107 miles northeast of Eugene.
- Take exit-271 for OR-214, and turn right onto OR-214 toward Woodburn
- Head east along OR-211 then continue E Main Street in Molalla to Mathias Road
- Turn right onto Mathias Road and follow to S Feyrer Park Road
- Turn left onto S Feyrer Park Road and continue to S Dickey Prairie Road
- Turn right and drive to Glen Avon Bridge
- Cross the bridge and continue for about 3 miles to the destination on the left.