• A scenic secluded spot within the Molalla Recreation Area
• Large rock ledges serve as platforms to sunbath or to jump into the deep pool
A great place to cool down on a hot summer day, Molalla River Day Use Site 2 is located 2.5 miles south of the Glen Avon Bridge. The scenic secluded location is accessible by a flat trail from the turnout of S Molalla Forest Road. The large rock ledges serve as platforms for relaxing and jumping into the deep beautiful green water. There is a shallow area downstream.
The 25-mile-long loop trails are designated for mountain bikers, equestrians, and hikers.
Camping, open fires and shooting are prohibited. Camping, picnic sites, restrooms, and drinking water are available in campgrounds and recreation areas nearby.
There is no trash service on this site. Pack out all trash upon leaving.
There are other excellent swimming spots along the Molalla River:
Molalla River Day Use Site 2 | General Description
Location: Molalla River Recreation Area
Activities: Swimming, fishing, hiking
Accommodations: No camping
Distance from the parking: Short
Road access: Any passenger vehicle
Day-use fees: None
Popularity: Light to moderate
Elevation: 680 ft (207 m)
Molalla River Day Use Site 2 is located:
- 10 miles southeast of Molalla
- 37 miles east of Salem
- 45 miles southeast of Portland
- 106 miles northeast of Eugene.
Directions to Molalla River Day Use Site 2
- Take exit-271 for OR-214, and turn right onto OR-214 toward Woodburn
- Head east along OR-211 then continue E Main Street in Molalla to Mathias Road
- Turn right onto Mathias Road and follow to S Feyrer Park Road
- Turn left onto S Feyrer Park Road and continue to S Dickey Prairie Road
- Turn right and drive to Glen Avon Bridge
- Cross the bridge and continue for about 3 miles to the destination on the left.
Points of Interest Nearby