• South Jetty Beach is one of many stunning beaches at the mouth of the Coquille River
Located one mile away from Old Town Bandon, South Jetty Beach is part of Bandon South Jetty County Park, situated at the mouth of the Coquille River. This is one of many stunning beaches along the city of Bandon coastline. The sandy beach extends from the South Jetty southward to Coquille Point and is connected with other Bandon beaches.
The beach is a great place to enjoy gorgeous views of the coastal rugged landscape, waves crashing against the shore, and the sun setting behind the sea stacks. The historical Coquille River Lighthouse is visible from the South Jetty.
The beach is great for agate hunting. All Bandon beaches are popular among rock collectors for opportunities to find agate, jasper, and petrified wood.
Perch, rockfish, and other bottom fish can be caught from the beach or jetty all year round.
The beach is just a short walk away from the large gravel parking at the Bandon South Jetty County Park.
South Jetty (Bandon South Jetty Park) | General Description
Managed by: Oregon State Park
Activities: Beachcombing, tidepool exploring, fishing, & nature viewing
Day-use fees: None
Accommodations: Lodging in Bandon
South Jetty is located:
- 25 miles south of Coos Bay
- 134 miles southwest of Eugene.
Directions to South Jetty Beach
From Highway 101 in Bandon,
- Take 1th Street SE and follow it for 0.5 miles
- Right after 1th Street SE becomes Edison Ave SW, turn right on Jetty Road SW
- Travel 0.5 mile west on Jetty Road SW/Lincoln Avenue SW
- Turn left into Madison Avenue SW, your destination will be on the left.